Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Individualism in Group

Being in a group has a strong way on how individuals react on any situation differently than as they would in a group. In the article "Individualism in Groups" by Carol Tavris well explains how this hypothesis maybe true. In the article , it compares how individuals and groups would normal react dealing with an difficult situations, weather it's diffusion or either bringing more of a individual out. After reading this article and thinking on some experiences. I strongly agree with this statement that "They think and act differently than they would on their own" Once I was outside around my way and I saw this little kids beating up on someone they equal. Normally I would go to the riot and try to stop it if I was alone but meaning I wasn't, I just stood still and just watch. Inside me just wanted to react on it but meaning that I had so many people in my ear about it, I didn't know what to do. When I saw an older guy sprint to the fight, that's when I snapped back in reality and begin to help the older guy brake up the fight. "Students who were on their own usually hesitated a minute, got up, checked the vents and then went out to report what certainly seemed like a fire." After reading that line it reminded me on the time I was watching MIB: Men In Black and Will Smith told everyone to move in front of the cart and you saw a couple of people hestiating but no one moves until they saw that emorgous worm eating the cart and that's when everyone decided they wanted to move. With those examples in mind clearly made me understand that "They think and act differently then they would on their own" is true. It clearly indicates that people would move more faster if they were alone just because they don't know what others may think or even follow.

1 comment:

  1. This is both very short and not even developed like an essay with separate paragraphs. Also the examples, like the MIB movie, are merely mentioned and not developed

    ReplyDelete